Skip to main content

Super scrappin!


I was at Target on Friday..one of those 'run in real quick and buy this certain thing and get out' kind of shopping trips and, as usual, I did not find what I was looking for but I did find some super cute stuff! You gotta love Target. I found some little scrappin kits on the end isle marked clearance. They were only marked down a buck-fifty, but that was enough for me! I picked up two. This page was a snap using it! The base paper is a sheet from the SU Ginger blossom packet. I used a rectangle of craft cardstock on the right side. I brushed a bit of white memory paint on the upper right for my journaling using a foam brush. I love this memory paint, it dries almost instantly! I kept my pictures full size for this one because I felt like it just flowed better. For the scallop border, I used my 1 inch circle punch to punch a bunch of circles out. I laid my base paper on my grid paper, lining it up with a line. I put a swipe of snail adhesive along the back edge of the base paper and then stuck my circles along that, using the grid paper as a guide to keep them all even. All the flowers and the 'fabulous' came from the cute Target kit. I just sprinkled them on and then went back and added a bit of Wasabi ribbon from SU. I roughed up the bottom corner of my craft paper and then used one of my chalk uption pads to brush a bit of color to that and to the scallops...I don't know if you can even see it here it is so subtle. This page was just so quick! It took me about 1/2 a hour to complete it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, what a cute page! I like fast! I'll have you know I actually made some cards last night! You're inspiring me! I like the idea of 'quick and cute'! Thanks for the great ideas and examples. I like that memory paint...I may need to order some of that!
You-know-who :-)
Anonymous said…
Cute page! I can't believe how big she has gotten! You are inspiring me to get back into my scrappin'!

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for