This week our challenge was to use Brocade blue, So saffron, Certainly celery and Chocolate chip on our project. What a great color combo! I was excited to play with it! I had to wait a bit tho, I was busy all morning rearranging my office. I know, I do that all the time, but this time it was for a really good reason. I got a new stampin desk for my birthday! Do you get excited about furniture? I totally do! I had gone to Staples the other day, just browsing around looking for a high desk/table for my stamp room. I decided I sit too much and was just 'thinking' about getting a desk I could stand at. Well, they had this really cool black high desk that I just loved! There was no price on it, so I just went home. I called the next day to ask about it and after some deal workin, the manager gave it to me for $70! The cool thing is, it was originally $260! It has two wings that fold out and one was damaged, so he was willing to give me a discount. The damage didn't bother me at all. In fact, with one wing off, it is the perfect size! Gotta love a good deal!
So anyway, after taking my office apart and then putting it back together, I made this card for the challenge. My card base is Chocolate chip with a piece of so saffron designer paper layered on it. I rounded the corners of the two colors at the open edge of the card to go with the dot pattern. The strip across the middle is the brocade blue faux stitched with the paper piercer and my white gel pen. I rubbed the edges of the saffron paper with my bloody mary chalk option pad (shh don't tell...that wasn't in the challenge). The celery ribbon is the new thin twill tape from the Stampin' Up! mini catalog. Shari got this for me for my birthday. I love it! I used it to make some faux leaves too. I stamped Happy in brocade blue on white and layered it onto some saffron paper and put that in the middle of a white flower from the pretties kit Kimber got me for my birthday! I added some swirls from the Precious set with Versamark to the two corners and stuck a clear rhinestone brad on the left to tie it all together. After I was done, I went back and added a bit more bling with clear stickles to the dotted swirls.