Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Scrapbooking expo


I went to the Orlando Scrapbook Expo on Friday with my friend Kim. We went Friday evening thinking we would shop til we were ready to go to the crop. Little did we know the shopping ended at 6pm! Hardly enough time to see everything! I did manage to drop a few dollars in my short time there. I moved fast! The crop was much more 'profitable' you could say. I ended up getting 15 pages done! yay me! It felt SOO good to scrap! It has been ages since I was able to really sit down and focus on scrapbooking. It takes time and planning to be able to get pages done a a crop. It is hard to know what to bring. The way I do it is to group my pictures by event, or by page theme. I put the pictures in a 12 x 12 sheet protector. Then I pick the colors I want to use. I put cardstock and any patterned paper I think I will use in the protector with the pictures. Then I try to put any accessories I think I will use in the protector as well. I don't always end up with everything I want to use on each page, but if I can get the basics of the page put together at the crop it is easy to come home and add a ribbon or chipboard or whatever. I do try and plan pages that use the same sort of things. For example, all the pages I did Friday used either my Stampin' Up! Headline alphabet or Wel-worn alphabet. I know they are retired, but I love them! I also make sure I bring a black permanent pen for journaling, my crop a dile, trimmer and Stampin' Up! crafters kit. I bring my craft spots in all four color groups and a black and white pad and I'm ready for most everything.

For this first page I used some paper by Cosmo Cricket (I think), alphabet by Stampin' Up! and a foam stamp from Creating Keepsakes. The ink is SU Chocolate chip. I cut the brown paper in diagonal curves and layered it over the polka dots. I stamped the 'smile' directly onto the background and started to stamp the name but realized I was spelling Stetson instead of Halston. Darn those nephews for growing so fast! I got them confused! To fix my error, I stamped the correct name on some vanilla cardstock, cut out each letter in a box , sponged the edges and adhered them over the wrong letters. Opportunity for creativity! The hardest part of this page was getting the curves how I wanted them. It was a good page to start with. positive reinforcement! I was ready to roll after this one! I'll share more tomorrow!

1 comment:

Corie said...

This is so great -- I just love the facial expressions!!