Skip to main content

A Day of Accomplishments!

Do you ever get to the end of the day and look back in amazement at all that you did? I'm sure we all do that. Today was one of those days. I got up early and did some baking and laundry. Then I checked out all the blogger challenge cards from yesterday ( awesome stuff!) . While Sarah had her piano lesson (8:30 am) I painted the last wall in the girl's bedroom and then helped clean the big boys room. I made cookies, finished the decorating in the girl's room, did more laundry, and the best part....welcomed my Trekkers home! They were dirty and somewhat tired, but safe and sound and home at last! Maegan ran straight to the bathroom and took a shower so I didn't get to capture an 'after trek' picture, but that's okay. They both had a wonderful time and seem a bit changed. Jared especially. I'm so glad they were able to go!
I went to WalMart (what day is complete without that?), got gas, saw WALL-E (again) , watch Camp Rock (yes, I'm a disney movie junkie) and then even had time to make this cute frame after the kids went to bed.
I started with a plain jane craft frame from...Target I think. Most likely the $1 aisle. Here is how it looked before I got to it. I don't know about you, but I am a collector of 'items I am sure would be great for crafts'. And, I usually buy more than one. "Just in case I mess up the first one or I love it so much I need more than one." Please tell me I'm not the only one! So, the point is, I have several of these. It was pretty easy to put together...(over looking the fact that I somehow always end up with my fingers almost glued together when doing stuff like this) I used Liquid Tombow to adhere some Summer picnic designer paper from Stampin' Up! to the frame. I already had some strips cut that were left over from my stamp a stack a few weeks back. They were just a hair short on the long side so I put a strip of Celery Twill where the gap was. I pulled out my chipboard blossoms and inked them up using Bashful blue, real red, and old olive. I love how the Craft ink looks on chipboard. It is so dark and rich. Very cool! I glued the chipboard pieces on with Tombow and used dimensionals for the big flower center to give it a bit more depth. The saying inside the frame is from a retired Stampin' Up! set that I really like. If you look close you can see tiny little leaves by the flower on the left side....check back tomorrow to see where I got those from!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like how nice and clean that project looks. What a great sentiment...good choice there.
The flowers, etc. do pop.
LL
Gina Wrona said…
Great card, and I have that stamp set too! How sweet!

I, too, am a collector of treasurers that I can use later on projects, i.e. at a bridal shower I collected all the ribbons that were used to tie the gifts given to us guests. To date, I still dig into that ribbon box and use them all the time.
((hugs))
Gina

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for