Thursday, July 3, 2008

Friday and Happy 4th!!


Happy 4th of July everyone!! What a wonderful day. How blessed we are to live in a free country! I think we all probably take for granted all the freedoms and liberties we have in this country. I know I do. Today, I hope we will all take some time to think about those that have sacrificed so much to make our freedom possible.
The challenge today was a color block challenge. Of course, I had to use Red, White and Blue! This stamp is an old retired Stampin' Up! set that I have had for years. I LOVE it! If you look closely, you can see the stripes on the red (cuttlebug) and stars on the white and blue (SU punch) I need a better 'studio' to take my pictures!
Have a happy 4th~!!

17 comments:

Jeannette Swain said...

OH how wonderfully patriotic! EXCELLENT choice for this week and you know the colors go together beautifully!

Great job!

Barb Hardeman said...

Perfect, Beckie! What else can I say! Just perfec!

amycara said...

Great job with this week's challenge...and how timely too for the holiday! SUPER!

MJ said...

What a perfect sample of color blocking! I love it. I especially love the way you changed the colors under the focal image. Great job.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, patriotic card! The stars are a great idea!
Love,
Shari B.

Marcia said...

What a great card, I love the look of this.

Marcia

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great card Beckie...lovely design and your focal image is fabulous! Have a happy and safe Independence Day!

Connie said...

PERFECT stamp for the holiday! Love your card...great job!

Lisa Somerville said...

Pefect example of color blocking!

Ida said...

Perfect for this holiday and I love the stamp that you used. Also I like how you did the stripes and your stars.

Lisa Bohler said...

What a fitting and wonderful card for today! Happy fourth!

Kathie Bailey said...

Beckie, this is absolutely perfect! I love this image and your color blocking is wonderful. Great card!

Barbara said...

This is so great! Love the red-white-blue color scheme....perfect for the holiday! Never was partial to that set, but you've used it beautifully! GREAT job!!

Suzanne said...

Love it so patriotic!

Nikki Bond said...

This is truly a perfect card for today! I love this set and your color blocking is outstanding!!! {SMILES}

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This turned out fantastic Beckie! I remember this set! What a wonderful design! :D

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I love this stamp. Beautifully done on the challenge! TFS!