Skip to main content

Big Sis

I've had this picture of my oldest three children sitting on my desk for months. I was going to use it for another layout and ended up using a different picture. I have enjoyed seeing their cute faces as I stamp but decided to go ahead and make a full page for it. I saw a cute layout idea on PageMaps this month and thought it would be perfect. I started by trimming down a piece of 12 x 12 white cardstock by 1/2 inch on two sides and rounding the edges. I layered that cardstock onto a full piece of Pumpkin pie cardstock. I pulled out my scrap ribbon jar and picked some random ribbons. I laid them across and simply stapled them to the page. The big flower is a die cut from Stampin' Up! I added some white gel pen dots and lines and a celery ribbon bow in the center. I had fun with the letters. The B and S are die cuts I made with my new Big Shot. The i is actually a capital I that I cut off to make lower case. I pulled out a g and s from my chipboard and inked them with craft ink. The metal flowers are new flower brads also from Stampin' Up! These things are hardy! This page went together really quickly and I thoroughly enjoyed scrapping again. It has been TOO long! In fact, I have decided to start my Friday scrap group up again. Starting next week, I will have open scrappin at my house on Fridays from 10 - 2pm. Bring your stuff or use mine. I hope you'll come!!
(ribbons are random from walmart, stampin up, and even Old Navy!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't believe how grown up they are! That is an awesome page! Love the picture!

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for