Skip to main content

Bloggers watercolor challenge

I learned something at the Stampin' Up! convention a few years ago. My good friend Stephanie brought her adorable baby Zack and I got to hold him a lot. My arms got SO sore! I didn't realize that all those hours of holding my babies I was actually working out. Since my baby was 6 at the time, I didn't have those 'mommy muscles' anymore. Today, I realized that my paper cutting muscles are sorely out of shape. Holy cow! I was cutting all the paper for the DSP paper samplers I am making my downline and my arms are dead! I am only half done, but I had to take a break and ice my arms! LOL Not really, but...I do feel like I have two wet noodles attached to my shoulders instead of arms. Not that I am complaining, I LOVE doing stuff like this for my group. They are a fabulous group of women and whenEVER I can do anything for them, I want to! Besides, the new DSP papers are totally yummy!! I hope they don't mind drool marks all over their papers.....
Since it is Friday, it is time for another challenge. This week our challenge was 'watercolor.' I LOVE to watercolor! It makes me feel like an artist. I love seeing the colors blend and morph and come alive. Since my arms are noodles today, I decided not to do a real detailed watercolor project. Instead, I pulled out some watercolor paper and stamps the leaves from Fall Flair set and stamped them in Mustard, Ruby red, and Really Rust. Then I took my reall rust stamp pad and swiped the paper just a bit. I used my awesome little water spritzers to spray water all over the stamped paper and let the colors just blend as they wished. I let my watercolor paper dry and then mounted it onto some Mustard paper and then onto a Ruby red card base. The "happy thanksgiving" is stamped with Ruby red and attached with some mustard brads. I tore the edge of the ruby red and adhered a strip of mustard under it. The twill tape is tied around a bit of hardware from the hodgepodge...pewter, I think. I paper pierced the bottom edge to kind of finish it off. I am so excited I have a Thanksgiving card done and it isn't even October!
Be sure to check out what the other BC girls came up with and have a great weekend!!

Comments

Lynn Mercurio said…
This is a wonderful effect, and such awesome color and images. Fabulous job with this week's challenge.
Chrissy D said…
Ohhh this is sooo pretty and soft! Love the look of your watercoloring technique! TFS!
Ida said…
This is wonderful...I just love the soft and feathery way the leaves look on this card. Great technique.
Connie Babbert said…
This is beautiful! I love that technique! Great job...
Nikki Bond said…
What a beautiful look you achieved! This is really stunning! {SMILES}
Kerry D-C said…
ooooh.....aaaahhh! SO pretty! gorgeous card!
Amy Caraluzzi said…
This is a BEAUTIFUL background and card! Love it!!!
Very pretty Beckie! The twill tape is such a great accent! Great job with the challenge! :D
Anonymous said…
This is beautiful. I love how the colours have blended together, magic!

:) Marcia
Bibbi said…
I love your card and the colores!

It's a brilliant card.

Have a nice weekend....
Kristen said…
gorgeous card. Your colors are great.
Lisa Bohler said…
What soothing and wonderful fall colors that you chose! Beautiful card!
Lori said…
What a gorgeous effect, Beckie! Love the colors you used.
Barb Hardeman said…
Oh this is so pretty. What a wonderful flowing effect you created with your mister. Beautiful job...
Barbara said…
This is lovely....very "artsy!" So pretty, but simple...and the end result is wonderful. I'll have to try this myself. GREAT job on the challenge.....hope your "noodles" feel better soon!
MJ said…
What a great background. Lovely effect. I will have to try this out.
Selene Kempton said…
This is really beautiful and soft! Great job and tyfs.

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for