Saturday, November 15, 2008

Challenge #73


This week our challenge was to use Baja breeze and chocolate chip on our projects. I love those colors together! Since I had my big shot club meeting yesterday, I ended up using that for my project. This picture does NOT do this justice! It is awesome! (if I may say so mysel) I used the big pennant die from Stampin' Up! and cut out three baja pennants. I stamped them with baroque motifs in the chocolate chip and sponged the edges. The scalloped edge along the top was done with the scallop border punch. I added some flat pearls from the pretties kit. The ribbons are fed through double jumbo eyelets. I think it looks great!
I have a baby shower at my house today so I have to run! Be sure to check out all the awesome stuff the other BC gals did!

19 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Soo pretty and elegant! Great job this week! {SMILEs}

Robin Merriman said...

I love this idea! What a fantastic project - TFS!

Lisa Bohler said...

Such a great way to use that pennant die cut! Cute project!

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful project!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

I've seen so many different projects with this die. Your's is very pretty and the flat pearls add a touch of elegance. Great projects...

StampingSelene said...

THis is gorgeous! Great Job!

Ida P. Krause said...

Very elegant and pretty. A wonderful decoration.

Kerry D-C said...

Ooooh! just beautiful!! I'll bet it really is even better in real life.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fantastic project Beckie! Love the way you used the dies for this! Great job! :D

Lynn Mercurio said...

Awesome project Beckie. What a fun design and it looks wonderful in this color scheme.

Connie said...

Very pretty! I'm sure it is even more so in real life!

Cheryl said...

Very sharp looking.

Patti Chesky said...

What a fantastic idea!!! It's so elegant!!

Kristen said...

so prettty. Great project!

Connie Paxman said...

I was contemplating the Big Pennants die...now I am sold..Beauuuuuutiful ornamament.
Connie paxman

Marcia P said...

This is very elegant, the way you have used the colours makes it look so very pretty. TFS!

Claudia said...

Oh WOW - what an awesome project. I totally have to make one soon! Great job!!!

Lori said...

What a fun way to use the pennant die! Thanks for sharing your idea.

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh what a fabulous project! So pretty and a perfect ornament or gift idea! TFS!