Skip to main content

Halloween and catch up

I have never been a big fan of Halloween. I don't like scarey movies, costumes, music, etc. so...Halloween doesn't really appeal to me. My husband LOVES it. sigh....so, over the years I have been forced (encouraged) to participate. A couple of years ago I went all out and sewed some Star Wards costumes for the kids and they have worn them every year since. (good planning on my part, no?) this year, with me being out of town the week before Halloween, we just didn't have much time (or money) to really get ready. Thank goodness I have creative kids. They pulled together their own costumes from what we had around the house. We did also have a Superman costume given to us for Ben so, that helped. Here are Sarah and Ethan. Ethan was suppose to be Darth Maul but his dorky mom put the black on first and then tried to put red over it. aahh....that didn't work. duh! so, he went as a really dark sith Lord. Sarah was a vampire. lovely. As I said, Ben was superman, but he flew around so fast I couldn't get a picture of him. I raided Brad's closet and went as a Basketball Ref. It is a bit sad that I can wear some of his clothes....anyway! The really sad part is...my siseters in Arizona went all out and had awesome costumes! Sometimes I really miss living closer...

In stampin news, I did participate in the Friday Bloggers challenge but, as luck would have it, my computer has been totally freaking out since Thursday night! AAH! So, here is my challenge, a few days late. But, I promise it was done on time!! Our challenge was to either use the same stamps differently or different stamps the same or...something like that. Here is what I came up with . I did two sets, just to try and get it right. :o)

Comments

Lynn Mercurio said…
Great cards...all of them. Love the sparklie teeth on the one skeleton! The Christmas cards are equally as breathtaking.
Barb Hardeman said…
Wow, Beckie! You did four great cards. The Christmas cards are so lovely, and your skeleton cards are very fun and creative...
Unknown said…
These are wonderful Beckie. I especially love the winter cards. Lovely as a Tree is one of my fav stamp sets. Great job!
Ida said…
Welcome back! Lovely cards. I like the soft feel the tree cards have.
Kristen said…
great cards. Both are wonderful.
Chrissy D said…
These are wonderful! Great take on the challenges! TFS!
What a wonderful cards Beckie! Love the "You Rock" cards! Actually, I love the "Lovely as a Tree" cards too...lol! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for