Friday, March 13, 2009

BC Texture Friday


This week our bloggers' challenge was "texture." I love texture! I am in love with the new texture plates from Stampin' Up! They are so easy to use and make ordinary cardstock magically turn into textured cardstock! It is way cool!
I decided to use the colors from the challenge last week that I didn't quite get done....LONG story....
The bottom half of my card is Sage Shadow embossed with the large polka dot texture plates. I sponged a bit of chocolate chip on it to make the dots stand out a bit more. I added more texture to the edges of my cardstock layers by attacking them with my cutter kit. Love that little distressing wheel!
My racoon is from the Under the Stars set. He just looked like he was wringing his little hands...doesn't he? Hence the words on here. He looks worried! What if it is true?! LOL
Check out the other BC players...they are amazing!

9 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Beckie- very cute, love the sentiment with that little creature...cute, cute, cute!

Marcia P @ The Stamp Spot said...

That saying is so cute! Great card, rustic to look at (which is all about texture!). Love how you used last weeks colours, they were awesome.

:) Marcia

StampingSelene said...

This is adorable. I love the texture. Amazing job.

Ida P. Krause said...

Cute card. That sentiment is perfect for the look on that raccoons face! Love the background dotted texture.

Lisa Bohler said...

Hee hee...just did the Hokey Pokey with my students for their dance unit! Cute little card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Delightful card Beckie! Love how you combined both challenges! :D

Connie said...

Cute...that sentiment is great with that image! Too fun!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Too cute!! I LOVE thay sentiment!

Robin Merriman said...

Very cute Beckie!