Friday, May 27, 2011

blogger challenge shimmer






This week at the bloggers challenge, we are doing "shimmer". fun! the hard part is getting it to show up in my pictures! I was inspired by some blogs I hopped this morning that had floral layouts similar to one I did. I don't remember where the blogs were...so don't ask....anyway! I tried something a bit different. Well, it was different to me. I used markers to ink up my stamp and then spritzed it with the shimmer spray from Stampin' Up! I didn't get a real even coverage because it kept clogging....need to figure out how to keep that from happening. But I like the effect! In person the flowers have nice shimmer to them. In the picture...not so much. I also added a sponging of the Frost white shimmer paint around the edge of the white. Also something not so evident in a picture but nice in person.
Be sure to check out the other bloggers in the challenge. Enjoy!

13 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

I love the shimmer sprays and it looks gorgeous with the floral images.

BarbaraW said...

Shimmer is hard to see on a scan, but I can see yours. Pretty image. Love those sprays.

GCgirl said...

What a pretty technique on one of my all time favorite stamps :0)

Asia said...

Lovely card :) Love the flowers :)

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully created.

JP Card Crazy said...

Stunning!!! All the shimmer and the flowers are just beautiful!

Connie Paxman said...

love the effect of spritzing with the shimmer I will have to try this..love..love the simplicity and elegance of your card...
connie paxman

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great idea- you get a shimmery watercolor effect- beautiful!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Wonderful shimmery watercolor look to your flowers!

Yvonne Garner said...

Your card is a standout!

njburk said...

What a great idea--it turned out great--I love that set--sure glad my stampin' buddy Beth has it!
Good to see you play along with us at the BC--hope to see you again!
Hugs, N

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is GORGEOUS Beckie! Those blossoms are just lovely and such a pretty color combination! :D

Ida said...

Lovely card. Love the floral images you used and the shimmer spray looks great.