Skip to main content

Do you dare?

To be fabulous?? :o) This is one of the first sets I purchased from the new catalog. I just LOVE the word stamp in the set! I have been busy busy making swaps for convention. Here are a couple of cards I ended up with.I like this one, because of the purple! My Dear friend Debbie came over on Thursday and helped me make these. She came up with the purple effect. I love it!
We started by stamping the big flower on Vanilla cardstock with Versamark. Then we used a sponge duaber and gently rubbed the SU pastels over the stamped image. I love this "poppin pastel" technique because you can easily shade and combine colors, as we did here. The next step was to cut the flowers out. Debbie did most of these. Isn't she a gem?! The base of the card is Eggplant with smaller flowers stamped in Versamark, and the stripes are from the Fall Flowers designer paper packet. The ribbon is some new Taffetta ribbon in Mellow Moss. We topped the card off with the Fabulous words and some dazzling diamonds glitter applied over the 2-way glue pen. The flower just cries out for glitter!
This next card is similar except for the layout and the colors. The flower is done the same. I stamped the Fabulous onto a scrap of Vanilla and added a
bit of hardward to anchor it all. The ribbon is still there,
along the seam of the cardstocks, but does not have a knot
or bow this time.

I am signed up for several special swaps at convention.
Every year, Amy Celona does a WOW swap at convention. I
have to say that the WOW swap is where I get the best
ideas. I wouldn't miss it! I will share my WOW card later this
week from convention, but here is my 3-D WOW submission.
I found these little frames at the new Target in town, 3 for
$2.50. They are so cute! They actually have a ribbon on the
back that they hang from. I used the Fabulous Flowers again
for these. I did some with the chalks and some with the craft
spots. This one is done with the spots. I inked the middle of the
flower with the Eggplant spot and then dabbed the Old olive
spot around the edges to blend them together. I inked up a couple of petals from one of the smaller flowers in the set to make the leaves. I added a few more flowers on the egdes, but felt it needed a bit more texture so I stamped the canvas background stamp over the whole thing. Again, this set just screams for glitter, so I added a bit around the center of the flower. I stamped the
"Dare to be Fabulous" on a scrap of white cardstock and sponged the egdes of it with some eggplant ink. On some of these, I also used the aquapainter to paint in the "fabulous." The frame was pretty tightly put together so a mini brad didn't quite fit. I found that if I stuck the stamped paper to the square that holds the picture against the glass and then punched through both the paper and the back with the Cropadile, I could stick a mini brad in there and it would all just barely fit together. I quite enjoyed using the cropadile...it makes me feel so strong!!
I have lots more to share, but I will attempt to do that from convention this week. I leave early tomorrow morning. I hope I remember everything! I can't wait!!



Comments

Beth Thomas said…
Beautiful- I love the sparkle and that is by far one of my fav sets! The little frame is too cute- I'll have to give that one a try. Haven't seen the frames are our Target but I'll find something that will work. Have a fun, safe trip to convention. Wish I could be there with ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for