Skip to main content

Back in the stamp of things







Tonight was my monthy stamp night. It felt so good stamp with my buddies again! I didn't realize how much I had been missing them. We had a pretty good sized group for our class tonight. I know several people couldn't come due to other commitments, but...we'll catch them next time!
As promised, I am including a picture of my potato peeling crew from a few days ago. They were such great helpers! I am going to miss having all those extra hands to help me can when they all go back to school. This picture has three of mine and an extra child that was helping. If you are at out house when we can, you will be put to work!
Here is a picture of the first project I did for our class tonight. This may look a bit familiar to you. I cased the little red coaster frame I showed a few days ago on here. It was so easy and fun to make! We did a Halloween version using the Creepy Crawly paper from SU. I am not a big Halloween fan. In fact, that particular holiday could disappear and I would not miss it at all. I especially don't like the dark side of the holiday. BUT, having said that, I totally love this patterned paper! It is so fun and colorful! For my frame, I used a medium weight coaster I purchased at American coaster online. I used my 1-1/4" square punch and punched right through the coaster. I lined up the edges of the first punch and punched four times, overlapping on the edges to get the bigger square hold. The hole is approximately 2-1/2" square. I used my snail to adhere the coaster 'frame' to the patterned paper and then cut around the coaster with my scissors. I used the hobby blade to cut an X in the patterned paper inside the inner square. I folded each triangle around the edge of the inner square to get nice clean edges. I adhered the black grosgrain with my snail and then stuck a Fire Rhinestone Brad in the junction of the ribbon. I used the Cropadile to punch through the coaster. Easy peasy! I used the M3 to color the pumpkin on the stamp and then stamped it onto white cardstock.I stamped the same image on pumpkin pie cardstock with black and then used two different sized circle punches to punch out the inner pumpkin and the pumpkin and words together. Then I just layered them using the Dimensionals. The back coaster is scored at 1-3/4" and stuck to the front coaster with sticky strip.
The funny thing about this project is that , although the square punch worked great to make the frame at home, at the class it would NOT work! So, we did it differently by just covering the whole coaster and layering a piece of black cardstock measuring 2-1/2" square. They were all very cute and very different!
The next project used the chipboard flowers that we were offered at convention as a special purchase. The card base is Barely banana. I used the new wide summer green growgrain ribbon across the front and a folded piece as a faux leav. The Gg is stamped with Apricot craft. The chipboard flower is inked up with Almost Amethyst and embossed with Irredescent Ice embossing powder. The inner flower is inked with Blush blossom and embossed. I added the definition of Gratitude in black and two silver brads to finish it off. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this alphabet and the words/definitions! There will be no more lonely letters! This Define your life set has a word and definition for every letter of the alphabet! I think it is awesome set! I am so glad I splurged and bought it! Now I am going to 'splurge' and go to bed before 2am!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for