Skip to main content

Take time to remember

Do you have something that just makes you happy? Something you do that just relaxes you and makes you feel good? My friend Jessie called me Saturday from Texas. She had the nerve to move away. I tell ya! Anyway, she called to tell me that she was feeling better than she had in months. Why? Because she went to a stamp party and stamped! She hadn't realized how much she had been missing it. Now, she has moved clear across the country and has had quite a few things on her mind. But, how many of us 'forget' to do the things that make us happy? Or maybe, we don't forget so much as we just get too busy to do those things? I know I do. I have been so busy lately that I don't know what I have been doing! I took time last week to scrapbook a bit. True, I kind of HAD to because I had a crop and needed a page project, but I decided to take the whole day and just scrapbook. Kim came over and we had a ball! I had forgotten how much I love to scrap! (I also love to be with Kim, she is awesome!) Now, I didn't get a ton of pages done, but I got those scrappin muscles stretched out and warmed up a bit and I am just rarin to go again! It makes me feel SO good to save my families memories in albums. It is my journal. My family history. I think that of all the material things I do, that is one of the most important. I mean, I have been canning like crazy, but...that food is going to get eaten and be gone. We will enjoy it, my husband will thank me....maybe the kids too...but, it won't last like the scrapbooks.

I have a page sitting on my table half done, and many more ideas just busting out of my head, but for now I will show you a couple of pages I did last week. This first one is the one I did for our crop. No pictures, but...I'm ready for Halloween! What a concept! Have the page ready for the pictures before the event even takes place! This page uses basic black for the base, and pumpkin pie for the photo mat. You can put a couple pictures on there, or a whole slew of them! The images across the bottom are from the Booglie Eyes set and the BOO is from Big Deal alphabet. I colored the images with watercolor pencils and blender pens. The dotted strips are cut from the Creepy Crawly paper. I added some squiggly lines to outline the white squares to give them more depth. I'm excited to put our Halloween pictures on there! This next page is of my sweet Ben when he broke his arm. I wanted it to be more of a journal page than anything else. The faux notebook paper is from the Notations designer paper. I cut it down a bit and used the flower and swirls to cover the Heart. I used the spiral punch along one side and the corner rounder on the other two corners. I rubbed the edges of the notebook paper and the green base with my chalk options pads in banana and garnet. I used the same inks for the "i". I added a bit of chocolate ribbon around the i and the word YOU from a K&Co packet of chipboard I had lying about.

This last page is the end of this story....when Ben got his cast off. He was so cute. He was sure they were going to cut his arm off. He had gotten pretty attached to that cast and just wanted to keep it. I was inspired for this page by a layout I saw in one of my scrap design books. I have plenty of those..., anyway, the background was just color blocked with different patterned paper. I cut the squares of paper 5-3/4" and then distressed the edges with my SU cutter kit. I stuck them down and just put my mounted pictures over top of them.
It was a quick and easy page that I think looks pretty good! The "brave boy" was cut out using my cuttlebug. Kim had been cutting out LOADS of letters so I had to do some too! The paper I used is retired SU Playhouse paper. I really like it. I used some ribbon I picked up at Joanns in the $ bin.
I just can't wait to scrap some more! Hopefully I will have more pages to share this week!
Have a good one!

Comments

Birdie said…
Hi Beckie,
Looong time. I found your blog from Sharon Horrocks and I gasped at how big Ethan and the kids are. Your family is still as beautiful as ever. Just thought I'd say and I enjoyed reading your blog. It still amazes me how crafty you are with those stamps ;)

Cali Souder

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for