Skip to main content

Clipboards

I found these cute mini clipboards at A.C. Moore. It was one of those....I don't know what I am going to do with this but I have to buy it items. It is part of my crafters disease. They have a little place to hang them on the wall as well as a dowel that sticks into the back so you can stand them up. Perfect for a picture holder! That is what I decided to make with them. I did several to put in the craft shop I have a booth in. I didn't manage to get pictures of them before they were gone, but I did get a special order for some more and here they are! I did four, but I'm only showing you two today. They are super easy and fun to make. The hardest part was finding the words to put on them. I have loads of stamps, but the gal that ordered them wanted them similar to ones in the shop. Yes, you guessed it....in my hurry to make something I actually used a sticker! I know! Gasp! I never use those things! Figures I would need to find another sticker like the one I used and it has disappeared off the face of the earth. That is a good lesson in the benefits of using stamps. Anyway, on to the project. The clipboard came white so I didn't have to paint it. yay! This first one is covered with designer paper from one of the simply scrappin kits from last years catty. The 'family' is a rub on I found at the scrap store yesterday...yummy new store in Orlando! The clear acrylic tile on the clip is from WalMart and the ribbons are all SU! Iused black photo corners from Pioneer, the flower mysteriously grew in my drawer (i.e. have no idea where it came from) and the rhinestone brad is SU! I stuck it all together with snail adhesive. Lots of it.
This next one uses more Designer paper from SU...spring flowers I believe. The little tile on the clip is from the dollar store...gotta love those dollar finds! The sticker "Us" is the one I had to go all over town looking for. I ended up at Joanns in the sticker section and got a whole sheet of these. The benefit? I had to move the darn thing around about six times til I got it where I wanted it. It still stuck after all that. yay! The flower is another wild one that appeared in my drawer. It was one layer bigger on the bottom, but that was one layer too big for my project so I cut off the bottom petals and added some Prima leaves. The bead was already in the flower. This one has white photo corners as per the order. I have a huge bag of the corners I think my mom got me just after the beginning of time (i.e. when I started scrappin) and I hardly use them. Mostly because I'm too lazy and also because you have to lick them. Can you say gross?
I have a couple more I may share tomorrow. I've got to get my swaps done! Wish me luck!
Note: I'm not sure why my watermark is on there twice....the mysteries of the computer....

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the little clipboards. What were the dimensions? I was thinking that if they were small, they'd be good for book marks, or if larger, for little shower invitations or small recipes. (one could give the recipe along with the yummy sample) Whatever. You do have the best ideas, and most miraculous finds. Hurrah for you! I know someone with a darling FHE board that those would be so cute on with pictures or names of family members. ;-)
Dawn Wheeler said…
Fab clip boards ,great work ,Dawnx

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for