Skip to main content

A Day in the Life....and Candy!

Such a day I have had! I just have to share. I started the day out pretty normal for a Spring break day. That of course, means sleeping in and only getting up when you hear the trash truck coming and then sprinting out of bed to put the trash out. The way my heart was pounding after that daring dash down the stairs has got to count as some cardio for the day. After the trash, some 'faux yoga' ie. lying on the floor and thinking about my abs. Then, I was a good girl and took my vitamins (hoodia) and drank a very healthy fiber filled smoothie (sweetened with strawberry jam) and then cleaned my bedroom. Well, I vacuumed til I got to the tv....the kids were watching Super Why and, well, you just don't interrupt something like that! I called my friend Laura to bring her boys over to play because, my boys room was still clean! (have to show off things like that!) She came and we visited and the boys played nice and, well, you know what they say....everything's fun and games til someone freakishly breaks thier leg on my trampoline while doing nothing but barely jumping. Yes, the poor little lamb (4 yr old) broke his leg. I'm feelin like scum, but it doesn't stop there...my own daughter was innocently swinging on the tire swing when the rope decides to break and she goes flying and the tire lands, on her of course. Luckily, she was not hurt other than her pride. Yes, friend was watching. If you are a mother of boys, most likely you can match or even top this story. Life with boys is an adventure every day. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I hope my friend continues to speak to me....
In other news.....I have picked a Blog Candy Winner!! I really enjoyed reading all the great birthday experiences you all had! Some were funny, some were sweet, some were exactly what I would like to have on my birthday (apr 24 if you are wondering...) . I picked the winner by a highly technical process which entailed closing my eyes and spinning the round part of my mouse back and forth while I sang happy birthday. The winner is....AMY!!!

Amy said...
My favorite birthday memory happened only a couple years ago. I had said something in passing about how molten chocolate lava cake would make the most luxurious birthday cake ever and my husband went to all the trouble to make me one from scratch! It was such an amazing surprise!Thanks for sharing the super fun blog candy!

Amy, email me your address and I will send you the goodies!

I have to admit...I would NOT turn away a cake like this! hang the diet! Her hubby sounds like a keeper!!
Thanks everyone for playing! I will have more blog candy next week. ;o) Stay tuned!

Comments

Bunny B said…
LOL I love how you subtly mentioned your birthday :)
Congrats to Amy! I love molten choc lava cake!! Mmmmm!!!
Michelle Tweedy said…
Bummer about the broken leg. I would still be your friend! ;) Have a great day, friend. Oh, do you have a birthday coming up??? I wasn't sure. :0)
Amy said…
I think he's a keeper, too, but I guess I'm a bit biased :-).

I resent my address; please let me know if you do not see it in your email inbox!

Thanks so much!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for