Skip to main content

Beginning of Leaves...



As I said yesterday, I want to show you where I got those tiny leaves from my frame. There were actual leaves in the chipboard kit, but they were a bit too big for the small flower I had on there. I dug through my chipboard and found these cute tags that had punched out flowers. Perfect for tiny leaves! It can be messy inking up chipboard in general but inking up something this small is a guaranteed challenge! The way I did it was to ink the petals up before I punched them out. I'm sure I am not the first to come up with this idea, but I'm glad I thought of it before I had full on green hands! Since I was inking up the 'flower', I decided to ink up the whole tag and make something out it as well. I pulled out a Cuttlebug embossing folder I had purchased a while ago ( and not used!) and decided to use it. Instead of cutting down a piece of cardstock to put in the folder, I just folded my card around the folder and ran the whole card through the bug. The folder is called Distressed Stripes and has a lot of potential. I may have to play with it again tomorrow. For this card, I used Old Olive cardstock and then sponged the stripes with Old Olive ink to enhance them. The focal point is my tag, inked with Old Olive craft ink, with a piece of pumpkin pie cardstock glued to the back under the flower. I added a Fire Rhinestone to the center using my Cropadile, and a greeting using a rubon. I wanted the focal point to stand out a bit so I inked the edges with a white craft pad. I used my hobby blade to cut a slit on the fold of the card and fed some white tafetta ribbon through. I rounded the corners of the card to mimic the focal point and sponged all the edges with more olive ink. It is a fairly simple card but I was really happy with it! I have TONS of chipboard so..I better start using it more!!

Comments

Gina Wrona said…
Very nice, but I have yet to use any of the chipboard I have. I like the projects everyone makes, but when it comes down to me using it, it just doesn't happen naturally, kwim?

((hugs))
Gina

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for