Skip to main content

Can you resist??

Today is Friday and time for another Blogger's challenge! This week we were to use any resist technique. I know there are tons of techniques out there, but I decided to use a quick and easy one for my challenge. Keep it simple, right? I was up late last night because, well, because it is summer and I can't seem to get the kiddies in bed before eleven these days. At least they sleep in! anyway, I went into my office late last night so I could make my resist card and be on time this morning. I did make a card, but I really wasn't pleased with it. So, instead of being on time, I went to bed and got up and made not one, but two new cards. I'm much happier with these two. (See what some sleep can do?!)
Both my cards use the "stamp with Versamark onto glossy paper and brayer over it" resist technique. For the first one I used the Heartfelt Thanks stamp set. I brayered over my Versamarked images with Not quite Navy and then stamped the flowers again with Not Quite Navy over the brayered ink The floating words are from Stem Sayings, stamped in Black. To emphasize the white flowers, I used a basic white card base and white tafetta ribbon. I just HAD to add a bit of shimmer, so I touched up the flowers with a bit of clear stickles. I didn't use dry glitter for this because the glossy paper can really grab ahold of glitter and I didn't want to mess with that.
My second card is the same technique, this time using Garden Green ink to brayer over the Vmark images. I stamped the lion from Wild About You onto whisper white cardstock twice, once with more mustard and once with pumpkin pie. I used my paper snips to cut out the pumpkin lions head and then used a dimensional to stick it over my mustard lion. I mounted the lion onto pumpkin pie cardstock and then sponged the edges with pumpkin pie ink. I mounted it first because I wanted a real shallow, soft sponging on the edges. (also because I didn't think of it til I got it mounted and it looked so...cold!) Natural linen thread is wrapped around the cards middle and tied with a simple bow. I stamped Wild About You with basic black ink and then mounted it all onto some mustard cardstock. I think this one is my favorite. Which one do you like best?
Be sure to check out the other blogger challenge gals by clicking on the link to the left. Have a super Friday!! My goal today is to get my daughter's room painted. She comes home tomorrow and I want to surprise her. Wish me luck!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Two cards! Great job with this resist challenge on both of them!

Connie
Amy Caraluzzi said…
Beautiful cards. I LOVE the first one...the colors are so pretty! Good luck painting!
Lynn Mercurio said…
Well, it certainly looks like YOU can resist, and do it very well too! Both cards are wonderful and I'm impressed that you were able to crank out two cards this week! Great job.
Nikki Bond said…
These look amazing! Wonderful job this week! {SMILES}
Barb Hardeman said…
Both your cards are an absolute delight. I love the Navy card! Blue is my color and your resist with the leaf branches on the lion card are so delicate and pretty. Glad you got some sleep and produced two excellent cards. Now go paint that DD's room...
Patti Chesky said…
Both cards are incredible!!! I am a flower person so that one is my favorite. Great job on both!!
They are both lovely Beckie! Your first one is so elegant! I really like the Wild About You card too...so cute! :D
Anita Van Hal said…
What great cards! Very ambitious! Don't be so hard on yourself, you did a fantastic job with the challenge...love all the details and the color combos!
Gina Wrona said…
Awesome, I must vote for the 1st one as that stamp set is one of my favorites.

Good Luck Painting!

((hugs))
Gina
Lisa Somerville said…
Both resist cards turned out great!
Ida said…
Two terrific cards. The colors are lovely on the blue card (I'm partial to blues and greens) but I love your lion card. So cute!
Love the ribbon and the accent with Stickles..
Beautiful shades of blues..awesome.
Connie paxman
Lisa Bohler said…
Two great cards! I love the NQN one the best, though! It's so striking!
Pat Huntoon said…
Great cards, both!
MJ said…
Wonderful cards. I love them both, you can not go wrong with this techniue. Beautiful job.
Two cards, two different looks - both cards look fantastic.

Thanks for sharing
Marcia
new BC member
Claudia Perry said…
both cards are just great!!!
Barbara said…
These are both wonderful! The first is lovely, and the 2nd is so fun!
Lori said…
These are both great, Beckie! I think I like the first one best--I'm kinda partial to blue . . .
Chrissy D said…
You did a beautiful job on both of the cards! I still have to do mine so need to do a search and see what strikes my fancy! LOL Maybe I should KISS too? Great job on the challenge!

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for