Skip to main content

all in the family

I had a great weekend in Az with my sisters. They are the cutest, craziest gals you will ever meet. They got all the good looks in the family. sigh...oh well. At least I'm the oldest so I can boss them around. Ha! (yeah, I'm the one on the far left...such a flattering position...thanks mom)I took Thor with me and we had a good time just he and I. It was interesting traveling with him...I travel so much by myself that I forget how nice it is to have someone to talk to. He is a boy of few words most of the time. In fact, on the plane, he would wake me up every time I dozed off "so he wouldn't be bored" but he didn't say much. He just wanted me awake. We did have some nice talks tho. Mostly he used the time to do a big time sales pitch for a new video game he wants.
This trip was the first time I got to meet my newest niece.
She has to be the most beautiful baby, not born to me, that I have ever seen. She has her moms big blue eyes and these perfect lips. Oh, and it didn't hurt that she actually liked me! Holding her for a couple of days totally fixed that baby urge I have been having. ;o)
While I was at my sister's house we did some canning. Yes, even she has the canning bug! We got very adventurous and tried canning Zucchini. What would YOU do if you were offered 40 pounds of it for $5? We learned a lot during this adventure. One: don't put your finger on the grating wheel if you want to keep it(your finger), Two: don't forget to add in the time for your oven to heat up when you are canning in there Three: zucchini smells really bad when it doesn't cook all the way and starts oozing out of the jars. yeck! After our 'learning' process, we ended up with about 20 quarts of zucchini. Some of it was grated, for use in muffins, bread and other baked goods, and some was sliced for using in soups. We also had several bags of grated zuchinni that we put in her freezer. I don't know how fast her family will go through it, but I would think it would last quite a while over here.
I spent most of the morning making samples for my regional presentation tomorrow, but I can't share them because my hubby left for Texas with my camera! I'll try and get some pictures from tomorrow to share. Have a great day and....wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for