Skip to main content

Sweetie pie

It is pouring outside today! I mean, buckets of rain are falling. It is awesome! I love this time of year. I know, there is the whole 'hurricane' thing, but...the storms are awesome here! Since I grew up in the southwest and we had little to no rain for most of my life, the rain still facinates me. I love the rolling thunder and splashing in puddles!
I drove my kids to the bus this morning because we were running late, and well, because it was pouring. Yes, I am a nice mom now and then. The kids were so cute running from the car to the bus with their little backpacks over their heads. Trying so hard to stay dry. Ben cracked me up tho when he darted through the rain only to purposely jump right in a puddle before he got on the bus. Yeah, his teacher is going to love me for that one! I can just hear his little shoe squeaking all day. Good think I am going in to the school today, I will take him some new socks. Silly boy!
I had some time....no, let me rephrase that. I MADE some time yesterday to stamp. I say it that way because, like the rest of you, I have LOADS of things pulling on me all the time. I don't just have extra time laying about that I can choose to stamp in. I MAKE time to stamp because it makes me happy! I love to create. I love to make cards, scrapbook, and alter things. It is my happy time. I NEED that happy time so I can be happy doing the things I don't really like to do. Like, laundry. So, if you are one of those people that say you don't HAVE time to stamp....MAKE time! End of sermon! On to the projects. ;o) This first card is my group swap for this month. Sorry if I am ruining the surprise for you guys....I wanted to show how versatile this Sweetie Pie background paper is. I just love it! It is two sided so there are loads of options using it. This is two different pieces of the paper cut to fit the top and bottom. I didn't layer the whole thing because of that whole paper hoader thing. I snailed a ribbon across the front and folded it back for a sleek look. The bling is a SU Ice Rhinestone brad. Love those! The focal point is from the hostess set perfect presentation. I stamped it on whisper white with Rose Red, cut it out, mounted it on Celery and used the 2-way glue pen to put some dazzling diamonds glitter around the edges. I mounted it with dimensionals.
Now, this card is using same paper, but totally different. Someone sent me a stack of prestamped Bella images a while ago. I just love this one. Of course, I was the model for this stamp. It looks just like me. Especially with my new hairdo. Yes, I have a fro these days...I love it most the time. And the figure on this gal....well, okay, that is what I should look like...just add the effects of 6 babies on this gal and you get the real picture. ;o) The base of this card is also Celery and I used the same papers as the other card. I got this card idea from Amy. The card is held shut by sliping the image under the slot punch. The flowers are punched with the dasiy punch and 1/4 circle punch. I added some dottage with my white gel pen. I added some bling on the flowers, a stripe and her shoes with the 2-way glue pen and dazzling diamonds. This picture is a bit blurry I am noticing....sorry about that! hopefully you can still see how cute it is.
Well, I'm off to get ready for the day. Rainy days are best spent curled up with a good book but life calls! Have a stampin great day and....make some happy time for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for