Skip to main content

Almost home!

I have been in Salt Lake City all week at the Stampin' Up! convention. What a ball we had! I love getting together with my stampin' buddies from across the country! There were tons of great swaps, great ideas, great new announcements and way too much fun! Now, if I can just get all these swaps home!
One of the announcements Stampin' Up! gave us was:
Stampin' Up! has teamed up with Sizzix to offer our very own Big Shot and Exclusive die cuts. I am SSOOOO excited about this! The dies are awesome, the ideas were awesome, and the price it outstanding!! I will be ordering mine after I get home and you can bet I will be having loads of fun with it!
The highlight of convention had to be at the very end when we saw a faux commercial for Convention Barbie. It was the cutest thing! In the commercial, two little girls were playing with convention going Barbies when a UPS driver delivers a package of stamps to them. Cute! After that, while Shelli was talking, a loud doorbell was heard. A UPS driver came onstage with one of those so familiar brown boxes from SU. Shelli seemed surprised and offered to help the driver find who the box was for. The driver said he was told to deliver it to EVERYONE! A UPS truck actually drove into the convention center and men in brown ran down all the isles delivering the new Ronald McDonald stamp set to every demonstrator in the house! It was awesome! The demonstrators were yelling and jumping in the air and cheering! There was confetti flying and lights blazing. It was quite an experience! We were all amazed that they actually gave us ALL a stamp set. I mean, we got three when we checked in, but....this was unexpected! After the craziness died down a bit, Shelli told us that UPS had actually donated ALL the stamp sets (over 6000) to the demonstrators(SU) to say thank you for all the business we have given them. Isn't that awesome?! We were just blown away!
Convention was the best ever. I am already looking forward to next year! In the meantime, there are regionals and leadership in Orlando to tide me over!
I'll be sharing pictures after I get home!

Comments

Gina Wrona said…
Sounds like you had an awesome time. Can't wait to see the pics!

ttfn,
Gina
((hugs))

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for