Skip to main content

First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of school. Kind of funny....the kids were home today due to the storm. Not that WE saw any storm, there was just a bit of rain. I guess it is due to hit us tomorrow. I think we have gone so long without any really bad storms, the schools got a little excited and cancelled school. So, one day at school and the next home. I can handle that. It makes getting back on schedule a bit trickier tho. At our stamp a stack and scrap last week we made this back to school page. I scraplifted the basic layout from something I saw in one of my scrappin magazines. I changed it up a bit and used my own supplies to make it. The designer paper is Summer Picnic, using both the orange and polka dot sides. The flowers are die cuts from Stampin' Up! with build a brads in the center. I used the 3/4" circle punch to punch out a dot from the designer paper and put that under the bubble on the brad. The alphabet is the Taffy alphabet. In the original layout, there were not photo mats, just naked photos lined up next to each other. I liked the red mats and thought they added a bit of personality to the page. The red rectangle across the middle of the pages was meant to have a photo on it, but I forgot to take any landscape pictures! So, I added some letters a,b,c,d,e,f, with Versamark ink and turned it into an accent. You may notice that the picture all the way to the right is a bit blurry. I do know how to take pictures (I bought a camera that focuses for me) but on this morning, it was so humid outside my lense kept fogging over! You gotta love the nice moisture in Florida!
After school, Ben and I made brownies for Family Home Evening. He really got into the spirit of baking here. Isn't he cute? His little chef hat is Pampered Chef. Yes, I am a PC junkie as well!
In other news, today we just hung around and enjoyed a relaxed storm day. This evening we watched Nims Island. I really liked it. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it. I think one reason I liked it is because I am a wannabe writer. I told my husband that what I really need to help me finish my book is TWO computers like Jodi Foster has in the movie! How cool would that be?! He didn't rush right out to Best Buy....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for