Skip to main content

Good Monday!

Good morning! My daughter was telling me about a theory she learned at church. Act the way you wish you felt and you will start to feel that way. I am way sleepy today and just want to stay in bed, but there is too much to do! So, I am trying to act wide awake and chipper! We' ll see how that goes!


First, an update on my son. He did in fact break his left arm. It was a fracture and not too bad, just painful. I wanted to put a picture on here but he has not held still long enough for me to snap on! Obviously, he is feeling much better. In fact, he was out playing manhunt again Saturday night! I told him to stay out of the trees! He surprised both me and the doctor when he decided he wanted a white cast instead of a colored one. He said he wanted people to be able to sign it. I also got him a waterproof cast. Yeehaw! I wish they would have had those when my little B broke his arm two years ago! Oh the headache that would have prevented!


I had a fun workshop on Saturday with some girls and their moms. I designed this page around the saleabration set Friendship Blooms and did it in my version of Girl Scout colors, since the girls were all in the same troop. They said the colors were....close. I wanted to show them how to use the trimmer and to conserve on paper (kim would be so proud of me!) so I made the page an odd size. I started by making my Wasabi green paper 8-1/2 square. I cut a piece of white cardstock to 8 x 8 and layered the two sheets. The strip of wasabi across the middle is the piece I cut off the length. I used the swirly stamp in the set to stamp random swirls all over it in wasabi. I added a piece of polka dot paper from the..you guessed it! Cutie pie designer paper packet. You know how I love it! On the piece of white cardstock I had left over after cuttin down by paper to 8 x 8 I stamped one flower in Purely Pomegranite and then cut it out. On the square white, I stamped two more flowers in Pomegranite, leaves in Wasabi, and used my M3 to ink up one flower from the border stamp with Summer sun. I used the pastels to add some color to the petals and leaves. I put a Rhinestone brad through the center of the flower I cut out and adhered it to the page with a couple pop dots. I stamped the GIRLS with the Outline alphabet and used the chalks to add some color to that as well. I layered it all together and called it good! I know this size page is not one that SU carries, but it would be very easy to add this page to a 12 x 12 base. The layout would also work with other size pages too. The gals at my workshop had fun customizing thier pages to their own personalities. They got pretty creative! That is something I love about stamping! Give 10 people all the same supplies and they will all come up with something different. What a great way to be creative!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for