Skip to main content

I couldn't resist....


...another pink and brown card! I hope you aren't too sick of them. I made this card a few days ago for a SU contest. It is one of my goals to start entering them again. I am SO glad they changed the timing so I can actually do them now! This is a pocket card made from 1/2 a sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 regal rose cardstock. I started by random stamping the whole piece with chocolate chip ink and the Always set. I added some splatters with my art air tool and the chocolate marker. I adhered the strip of Chocolate chip to the center with just a bit of adhesive down the middle. I used my sewing machine to put a finishing edge on that. I kept my adhesive in the middle because I didn't want to sew over it and gum up my needle. I scored and folded the piece to the center so that it overlapped about 1 centimeter. I used sticky strip to adhere the back and bottom together. A bone folder was essential to get a good fold here because of the thickness of the layers. I stamped my heart with Chocolate chip Craft ink onto Regal rose cardstock and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I cut it out, cutting off the dotted border. Then I stamped it again using Classic Chocolate ink onto white and cut it out including the dotted border. I colored in some flowers using the Regal rose marker and my white gel pen. I layered them with dimensionals and stuck them on with snail. When I stamped my words, they were a tad crooked so I stamped them again onto some scrap chocolate and sponged the edgeds. It almost looks intentional! Since this was a contest making MOM items, I stamped Mom with my defining alphabet and chocolate classic ink, onto white cardstock and then cut them out. I had to use the 2-way glue pen to stick these on because they were so thin. The ribbon at the top is fed through a hole on each side of this pocket and looped around the bottom of a chocolate card insert. When you pull on the bow. the card is pulled out. This idea has been around for ages so I don't know who to give credit to. I was really happy with how this turned out! Wish me luck with the contest!

Comments

Beth Thomas said…
I so love this card, Becky! It has given me an awesome idea for our next technique club. TFS. Hope all is well!
Anonymous said…
I loved this card, Beckie! You're so good at seeing the little details that make it special. Any Mom would love such a well-thought-out card.
Love,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for