Skip to main content

Sew easy!



I am so tired today! I don't know about the rest of you, but when my sweetie is out of town I don't sleep as well. It isn't that I can't sleep without him, I just end up staying up all night doing projects and finishing things and not going to bed. I am suffering today! I almost missed my son's dentist appointment because I decided to take just a little nap...right! Let's just say... I didn't fix my hair today! I have to say that part of my problem is this darn Daylight savings thing. What is that? How can you "change" time? I guess we changed early this year and nobody bothered to tell my computer so....it is still on old time. So, when I am typing and surfing away and I think it is only 10:30...surprise! It is really 11:30! You wouldn't think one hour would make a difference, but oh yes, it does!

Anyway! You can guess that I didn't actually have time to stamp today. This is a page that I did a month or so ago. It is just a little 6 x 6 brag book page. I have a brag book that I put the good pictures that didn't fit on the big pages. I am calling the book, "things that make me happy." I think it is a great way to use more pictures without having to cram them all on the same page. It is also great for those pictures that I develop and then decide to enlarge. I really like this picture of my boys. This was taken at the Enchanted Garden a couple of years ago. It is a really beautiful place with lots of "nature."

The base of the page is Thyme cardstock with the canvas stamp stamped on it using Thyme ink. I cut four squares of the Treehouse designer paper for the background. I love the colors in this set of papers and thought they were pretty masculine. I just kind of stuck the squares down and then zipped around the edges with my sewing machine. I stuck the picture down and then added a tag from the Be happy set that I stamped in Thyme onto Sahara Sand cardstock. I rubbed the edges of the tag with the Cranberry stamp pad to give it an edge and then layered the Cranberry rectangle on top of the tag. I used yellow hemp on the tag, added a few mini brads here and there and called it done! Even tho I did actually sew on this page, it went together pretty quickly. Don't be afraid to actually sew! Especially on something masculine like this. Because it was "boy" I wanted it to look a bit rough around the egdes. Easy! Maybe tomorrow I will actually stamp!!

Comments

Michelle Tweedy said…
What a great pic and layout. I would never have layered those background squares like that...but I love the effect! Great job!

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for