Skip to main content

Did you miss me?



I have been so busy lately....remember when I told you about doing what only YOU can do? Well, I decided to do that the last few days. I had tons to do...laundry, housework, actual work, errands, etc. Instead of doing all that, I spent time with the kids at home and at school. Today was Field day for my K and 5th graders. It was a beautiful overcast day with a slight breeze and bits of sprinkles now and again. Awesome weather for standing outside for hours watching kids compete in fun ways. I don't know who had more fun...the kids that were competing, the kids cheering them on or the parents watching (and cheering). It was an all around good day. So, my dishes are not totally done, my laundry needs attention, I didn't work out, but...I did spend time with the kids, read them stories at bedtime and make a card for my blog. I think my priorities are right in line! I don't know if I totally love this card, but...it is growing on me. I wanted to do something with a circle window in the front. I pulled out my big punch...must be 1-1/2 inches in diameter, and punched through this patterned paper from the SU hostess set Friends and Flowers. I stuck the paper down and then punched another hole through the big hole and the white card base to create a white 'frame' around the hole looking into the card. It was a bit hard to center the second hole, so I punched a hole in some scratch paper and stuck it in the center of the hole and then used that as a guide. When I got the holes done, I stamped this little heart from the Figures of speech in the hole with basic black and used the blender pen and regal rose stamp pad to color it in. I decided the 'frame' was just a little too wide for the stamped image so I used my fingers to bend the edges of the paper towards the outside of the card. Almost rolling it. It tore here and there, but that added to the look I think. I tied a ribbon around the top of the card and added some gold mini brads to anchore it both visually and physically. I still thought the card needed a little something more so I used the doodle swirl from Doodle this across the front in black ink. I added some stickles to that and the bow on the heart and stamped a few swirls on the inside of the card and....now I like it. It is something a bit out of the ordinary for me but...I think it works. ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bradley

Sunday, my best friend died. My sweetheart of 20 years died suddenly from diabetes. We didn't know he had diabetes. It came quick and took him from me. Brad was more than just my husband, he was my best friend. I relied so very much on his strength to guide me and my children through this life. I admit I feel a bit lost without him, already. I had planned on much, much more time with him. Brad and I met on January 28th, 1989. We were both at a nightclub for under age night with our friends that had dragged us there. We were both ready to leave when we were talked into one more dance. That dance changed our lives. We hit it off right away and danced the rest of the night. In face, we were together from then on. I remember that after that night, I waited all day for his call. It was love right away for me. I felt something I had never felt before and knew that he was the one for me. We dated for six months before Brad went to Texas to go to school. We talked a lot on the phone, and I

Bloggers challenge and candy

I know I said I would post some blog candy yesterday but I didn't even get near my computer! What a crazy day! I had planned on doing it the night before but...I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and I was so dog tired that I laid my head down on the counter for a minute. My son came into the room and said, "go to bed mom, dad and I will do the dishes." Now, who in thier right mind would turn down that offer? My boys HATE to do anything in the kitchen that doesn't involve eating. I immediately turned off my water(boiling for herb tea) and skedaddled upstairs and went to bed. I'm no dummy! The kitchen was not cleaned to my standards, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! Speaking of gifts, I have a little blog candy offer today. In honor of my 8000 hits, I am offering the following: A simply scrappin kit "Just Delightful", a stamp set "Delight in Life", three mini spools of ribbon, some acrylic tiles AND a copy of the latest

Doubles with candy!!

Today is another fun summer day at my house. The kids are running here and there and I'm just trying to keep up. I realized I hadn't sent out Father's day cards yet, so that is what I worked on today. I tried to keep these nice and clean and manly. I remember going to a demonstration at a Stampin' Up! convention years ago where Kevin Theeson and another guy(I forget his name....) talked about 'manly' cards. One of the things they stressed was that guys don't like cards made with pastel cards. They prefer bold bright and earth element colors. I'm not sure if they suggested we stay away from florals too, but I kind of figured that was a safe idea. ;o) For this card I started with some textured Wild Wasabi cardstock cut to 10-1/2 x 5-1/4. That gave me a 5-1/4" card when folded. The striped paper across the center is from a retired SU simply scrappin kit...primary colors I think it was called. I added a strip of Real Red to each side of the stripes for